The Gamesys Group
The Gamesys Group is a well-known gaming software developer founded in 2001. The company headquarters are in London, and it was eventually sold to the Bally’s Corporation in 2021. The Gamesys Group is known worldwide for its high-quality gambling games available at many of the most reputable online casinos.
History of The Gamesys Group
The Gamesys Group was founded just over two decades ago, and in that time, it has developed software, acquired many other gaming brands and been sold to a large American corporation. Here is a timeline of their history:
- 2001 – the company was founded in 2001 by Andrew Dixon, Noel Hayden and Robin Tombs. It launched with a small group of software developers who began building the brand and its reputable software products
- 2012 – Gamesys became the first gaming developer to launch real money games on Facebook
- 2013 – Virgin Games was bought by Gamesys in January 2013 to help expand its real money and social gambling games portfolio. It was purchased for an undisclosed sum of money
- 2015 – In February 2015, Gamesys sold its brand JackpotJoy to The Intertain Group. This was sold for over £425.8 million
- 2016 – JPJ Group completes a £490 million takeover of Gamesys in September 2019. Rather than changing the Gamesys name, they instead changed both companies’ names to The Gamesys Group. The JPJ group was previously known as The Intertain Group and then JackpotJoy.
- 2021 – the large American gaming corporation, Bally’s, purchased The Gamesys Group for $2.7 billion
Many of the games developed by The Gamesys Group have now been updated to include the Bally name. It is still being discussed whether it will retain the Gamesys name and branding or it will be changed to Ballys.
The Pros and Cons of Gamesys
Gamesys is a top software provider, and its products are known in the gaming industry worldwide. However, it also has some cons. Here is what you can expect from this brand.
|Pros of Gamesys||Cons of Gamesys|
|The Gamesys Group provides a large bingo game library with many different bingo variants and easy to use gameplay. The games can also be customised to add extra features and provide an even better experience to the bingo players. This makes each Gamesys site unique to play at||The range of slots and casino games from this developer is far smaller than its range of bingo games|
|The Gamesys Group has over two decades of experience in the gambling industry and has a great reputation. Players trust this brand and their games||While Gamesys is available at many online casino sites, it is not as widely available as other software developers|
|All games are independently checked and verified for fairness by the reputable auditor eCogra|
Popular Gamesys Games
Gamesys has a gaming library filled with high-quality bingo and slots games that players across many UK casinos enjoy. Some of the most popular games this software developer has to offer include:
- Double Bubble Bingo
- Double Bubble Megaways
- Bubble Up Bingo
- Bingo Royale
- Blox Bingo
- The Crystal Maze Bingo
- Around the Reels in 80 Wilds
- Secrets of the Phoenix
- Fun of the Fair
- Tiki Temple
- The Godfather
- European Roulette
- High Stakes Roulette
- Phoenix Roulette
- Diamond Blackjack
- Single Deck Blackjack
The Gamesys Group provides something different to other popular software developers on the market. The group now has a wide range of brands under its umbrella that are reputable and trusted by UK gamers. Plus, the recent takeover by the large American brand Bally provides the group with even more name recognition.
Last updated: Jan 24, 2023