A Guide to Bingo Chat Hosts
If you are new to the world of online bingo, then you may be unfamiliar with the bingo chat host term. If you’ve played any online bingo games yet, you will have noticed in the chat section that the ‘bingo host’ username continually pops up.
The bingo chat host is an essential part of online bingo games and the games definitely would not be the smooth experience that players are used to without them! For many more experienced players, there is also the opportunity to become a bingo chat host player yourself.
Below, you will find all the information you need to know about the role of bingo chat hosts and how you can even bag a job in this industry yourself!
- What are Bingo Chat Games?
- What is a Bingo Chat Host?
- What Do Bingo Chat Hosts Do?
- What Bingo Lingo Will Chat Room Hosts Use?
- Are Bingo Chat Hosts Available at Every Online Bingo Site?
- Which Sites Have the Best Bingo Chat Hosts?
- Is Becoming a Bingo Chat Host Right for Me?
- How to Become a Bingo Chat Host
- Will I Receive Training as a Bingo Chat Host?
- Will I Be Paid as a Bingo Chat Host?
- Can I Work from Home as a Bingo Chat Host?
- What Hours Will I Work as a Bingo Chat Host?
What are Bingo Chat Games?
Have you ever played a bingo chat game before? These games work similarly to that of a bingo hall, so you are sure to get the hang of it quickly. During bingo chat games, players can speak with each other virtually through the bingo group chat or sometimes there are private chats available too. The three main types of bingo chat games you will come across online are:
- Friend Chat Games – In these games, all players are competing to share a prize and you can join groups online to get to know them and chat.
- Trivia Chat Games – In these games, you will get to enjoy the old school trivia question games. This is a very fast-paced game where you’ll be asked quiz questions and you’ll need to try and get in there first.
- Number Chat Games – The bingo chat host will call out bingo balls and players in the chat room will have to guess what they think the next number is. Guess correctly to win!
What is a Bingo Chat Host?
A bingo chat host is simply an employee of the bingo site you are playing at who regulates and moderates the game. While in a real-life game at the bingo hall there is a bingo caller to shout out the bingo balls, this is not needed in online games as this is taken care of with software. However, the bingo chat host does have a larger role in keeping the game running smoothly and being the person to answer any queries players may have.
What Do Bingo Chat Hosts Do?
Bingo chat hosts wear a whole host of different hats in their role and so if you are thinking of taking on this role then you’ll need to be a great multi-tasker! Here is an overview of some of the tasks undertaken by a bingo chat host:
During a game of bingo, the chat host will act as the moderator for the game should any issues arise. While the vast majority of players are respectful and get along with the other people taking part in the game, sometimes tensions can run high and it is their job to keep situations calm. Players should never feel upset by messages sent in a game and the chat host must moderate messages and language used to ensure that the chat room is a friendly and safe environment for everyone.
The bingo chat host will be extremely knowledgeable about the rules of the game and so if you have any queries, this is the go-to person to answer it for you. They will know all the variations and rules of each bingo game and can help you out if you are struggling to follow along. They can also advise on other aspects of the site such as any promotions that are running or games with big jackpots up for grabs that you won’t want to miss out on.
What Bingo Lingo Will Chat Room Hosts Use?
The bingo chat hosts, and players in the game, will use their own lingo when communicating. You’ll need to be up to speed with this bingo lingo, otherwise, the chat room may become too confusing. Some of the most common bingo lingo phrases you’ll hear from the chat room hosts include:
- WB – welcome back
- Roomie – a player in the chat
- GL – good luck
- THX – thanks
- CTN – can’t talk right now
- GTG – got to go
- TC – take care
- HF – have fun
- ROFL – rolling on the floor laughing
- LOL – laughing out loud
- WDW – well done winner
- BBS – be back soon
- GB - Goodbye
Are Bingo Chat Hosts Available at Every Online Bingo Site?
For the most part, yes, if you are playing at a reputable online bingo site, they will have bingo chat hosts to monitor the games and provide you with any support. Bingo chat hosts are now part of the furniture at online bingo sites and play a vital role. Just because you are playing bingo online, doesn’t mean that you need to lose out on the social element of the game and this is exactly what the chat hosts and the rooms they work in provide.
Which Sites Have the Best Bingo Chat Hosts?
Luckily for players in the UK, there are so many fantastic bingo chat hosts on a variety of sites to choose from. To ensure you are playing at a bingo site with the best bingo chat hosts, head on over to our review section. In our reviews, we look at lots of different elements such as the welcome offers, games available, design and customer support. We are 100% hones in our reviews and will only ever recommend the best where you can be guaranteed to experience the very best bingo chat hosts that the United Kingdom has to offer.
Is Becoming a Bingo Chat Host Right for Me?
Are you thinking about becoming a bingo chat host? This is a rewarding role that many love to do, however, it won’t be right for everyone. Bingo chat hosts must have specific characteristics to ensure they can perform the job role well and give players the brilliant experience that they are expecting and deserve. If you check most of the boxes below, then this job role could be a fantastic fit for you.
- Enthusiasm – One of the characteristics that every bingo chat host must have is enthusiasm. Your job is to keep the excitement in the room high, not bring the mood of the players down, so you’ll need to have the go-getter personality to do this.
- Knowledge – When you are a bingo chat host, you have to be knowledgeable about the game that you are playing. Players will be asking you lots of questions about the game and so you must have a good understanding, otherwise, you won’t be any help to them! Many players have been enjoying this game for a long, long time, and they will instantly be able to suss out if you don’t know your stuff.
- Terminology – Alongside knowing the rules of the game, you will also need to know the terminology that comes along with it. This game is famous for its bingo lingo and you’ll need to be up to speed with these terms to communicate well with players.
- Good communicator – This role is all about being able to effectively help players who have questions or problems and so you must be able to communicate with them in a way that they understand.
- IT Skills – The role of a bingo chat host is done virtually, so it is important that you have good IT skills. Typing fast is essential to quickly get back to players in a lively chat room.
- Calm – When you are the chat host in a lively bingo room, there will be a lot going on and lots of people asking questions all at once. Part of your job is to keep calm when under pressure to answer lots of queries and keep the game running smoothly. If you easily get stressed and panic, then this won’t be the right job role for you.
- Impartiality – As the bingo host, you may find yourself in a situation where you are caught in the middle of players having a disagreement. You must remain impartial in these situations to be a good moderator.
How to Become a Bingo Chat Host
Do you possess these qualities and a love for bingo? Then becoming a bingo chat host may be an ideal role for you! Follow this step by step guide to fulfil your ambition of being a bingo chat host:
1. Create a CV
The first stage of the process is to create a professional CV. Getting a role as a bingo host is very competitive and if you haven’t done it before, you will need to find other ways to make your CV stand out from the crowd.
Experience is definitely the best way to land this job role, but if you don’t have this, take a look at your skillset and use this to establish why you are perfect for the role. For example, if you have previously worked in customer service, you can use this as an example of how great your service would be to players in a chat room or, if you have worked in an office setting, you may have fast typing skills and be good with computers which is another essential for this job role that employers will love to see on your CV.
2. Read It Over
This is such an important step that many people miss out on which can cost them the job! Always read over your CV once you think it is finished. It is best to leave it for at least a few hours to even a whole day, then come back to it as this is when you are more likely to spot any spelling/grammar mistakes or experience you have missed out that is important to add.
3. Do Your Research into Bingo Brand Employers
Once your CV is good to go, you will need to create a list of all the bingo brand employers that you want to work for. Each brand has a different way of working and so not all will be suited to you. Furthermore, many will have offices that are not located near you and so may not even be viable. The last thing you want to do is waste the employer, and your, time! While you can look online at job boards, some brands won’t use these, so you will need to know how each recruit. Here are some of the most popular brands in the UK that you may want to apply to and how they recruit:
- Virtue Fusion and Playtech – For most Playtech brands, the bingo chat hosts are provided by Virtue Fusion. Big brand names for Virtue Fusion include William Hill Bingo, Coral Bingo, Gala Bingo and Sun Bingo. This brand doesn’t advertise their jobs, instead they keep a talent pool to choose from. Send your CV to be added to this pool and, you never know, they may just be in touch. Their email is – email@example.com.
- Tombola – Chat hosts for Tombola do work from home, however, training is undertaken at their office in Sunderland so you will need to be close by to work for this company. They usually advertise their job roles over on their careers website.
- Jackpotjoy – Jackpotjoy is a super popular brand and the chat team for this brand and Gamesys is provided by Mice & Dice Limited, a subsidiary of the brand. The chat hosts work from the offices and so you’ll need to be based in Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffordshire to work here. You can find job roles advertised over on the Gamesys career website.
4. Send Off Your CV
Now that you have narrowed down your search into what bingo brands will be the right fit for you to work for, it’s time to send off your CV or apply for a job role via their careers pages. Remember, many not advertise for a specific job role, so send it over anyway and you may be in luck.
Will I Receive Training as a Bingo Chat Host?
If you manage to get a job role as a bingo chat host, then you will undergo training before you get started. No one is going to throw you straight in as they know you are an ambassador to their brand and that you are who the players will mainly be engaging with, so they will want you to be prepared and exceed their players’ expectations.
Training will differ between the brands, but they will ensure that you are confident in your new role as possible and will answer any queries that you may have. Each site will provide training to cover their brand, as they will have a different set of games available. This means that even if you have been a chat host at one company if you are moving to another, you will still need to undergo training, although you will have a head start when compared to someone brand new in the role.
Will I Be Paid as a Bingo Chat Host?
Maybe! It all depends on which bingo brand you are working for. Some will pay a wage to take on this role, however, most people do it for the love of the game. If you are not being paid for your bingo chat host role, you may receive other special benefits instead such as free cash bonuses and exciting perks.
Can I Work from Home as a Bingo Chat Host?
Sometimes, but again, this all depends on the bingo brand you are working for. Some will have chat host roles that are based at home, but others will recruit roles for their offices. These offices are situated across the UK, so you never know, there may be one very close to you.
If you are going to be working from home, you will need to ensure you have the right equipment to do so. This includes having a good computer or laptop and a reliable internet connection. It is always worth mentioning in your CV if you have backups of both these items as this will reassure the bingo brand and increase your chances of getting a bingo chat host role.
What Hours Will I Work as a Bingo Chat Host?
Before you apply for a role as a bingo chat host, it is important to know that the hours are not always your conventional 9 to 5. The hours can be unsociable as the peak bingo hours are usually in the evenings and weekends. The vast majority of bingo sites do operate 24/7, so there is always the possibility of picking up a role that is Monday to Friday.
That’s everything you need to know about bingo chat hosts and how you can apply to become one. Follow these simple steps and you could soon be working for one of your favourite bingo brands.